A penultimate episode, deserves some penultimate scores! So, prepare to be penultimated as the nanobots score the--Look, you get it. Let's just do this already...
- Leave it to The Walking Dead to have the penultimate episode begin with a season of backstory/exposition. You know, in case you weren't paying attention. = -5pts
- Rick smiles! Good things must be just around the corner! = +3pts
- Apparently during a zombie apocalypse, only playground rules apply. = -2pts
- When did Daryl start smoking?! Doesn't he know that can give you zombie? = -1pt
- Zombie Tunnel. = +8pts (For being a more radio friendly punk band name than our previous one: Zombie's Vagina.)
- Glenn shares a hug with...um, T n' A McGee? = +2pts
- The Walking Dead tries to offer an explanation for the whole "zombie in a car" phenomena that has been plaguing the show for four seasons. = +4pts
- It's good to know that not even a zombie apocalypse has the power to rid the world of dirty hippies. = -10pts
Score = -1pt
Season Score = +243pts
We don't know about you, but we generally like our penultimates to last a bit longer and go a bit deeper. The bottle themed episodes of this half-season have been a roller-coaster ride of small character moments, mixed with big swaths of expository dialog, all in an effort to get us to TERMINUS. At this point, it's hard to tell if the season finale will even come close to the mid-season finale. But, if the show has taught us anything, it's that even if the finale doesn't live up to the hype, well have at least two more seasons and a possible spin-off to talk about it.
Score Technician: Sean McConnell